Your Morning Routine, Starts At Night.
Do you ever not wake up in the mornings with a lack of rest, even if you got 8 hours of sleep?
Only to realize you fell asleep with your TV on, scrolling social media, and maybe had a sugary snack before bed. The habits we entertain before bed and even during the day can greatly impact the quality and quantity of our sleep. These may include eating close to bedtime, alcohol consumption, caffeine later in the day, bright lights, and electronic use, etc.
We all know that February is the “gap” month where we’re waiting for brighter, sunnier days. Taking care of proper sleep hygiene and sleep habits is a crucial step in ensuring you’re taking care of your mental space.
Here are some tips we recommend to keep good sleep hygiene:
- Avoid electronics 1-2 hours before bedtime
- Use blue light blocking glasses or the red light option on your phone if you have to use electronics
- Develop a bedtime routine that is enjoyable and relaxes you such as meditation, colouring, bath, or restorative yoga
- Create a relaxing sleep environment that is inviting and peaceful, avoid eating or working in your bed!
- Avoid eating 2 hours before bed if you can to optimize your circadian rhythm and improve your quality of sleep
Aim to bed in bed by 11PM
- Avoid caffeine in the afternoon/evening
Get moving during your day and avoid high intensity exercise in the evening
- Eat foods that promote good sleep
As always, we are a firm believer of the thoughts you think at Aeryon Wellness. Here are some affirmations you can use before you go to sleep to come to a place of gratitude.
Today I choose to love with an expanded heart.
I will act and communicate with kindness.
I choose to be thankful for all I have.
I am exactly where I am supposed to be.
I trust in the timing of my life.
The Universe always supports and guides me.
I will always have enough.
Each day I have the opportunity to step fully into who I am destined to be.
I am open.
I am ready.
I am blessed.
Join the movement today!
Sign up to our 5 Pillars Newsletter to receive inspirational monthly emails
featuring topics from each of our 5 pillars as seen below!