January 2022 Food You Eat
January is the month about “Lösing” the excuses (see what we did there!) and preparing ourselves for success. These two recipes are great for meal prepping ahead of time!
One Pan Salmon, Green Beans & Smashed Potatoes
2 cups Mini Potatoes
1 tsp Tamari
2 tbsp Maple Syrup
12 oz Salmon Fillet
2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1 cup Asparagus
1 tsp Sesame Seeds
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add the potatoes. Cook until potatoes are soft but not falling apart, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the tamari, maple syrup, and rice vinegar. Rub half of the marinade into the salmon and place it on the baking sheet, leaving space for the potatoes.
- Drain the potatoes and place them on the baking sheet. Roughly smash the potatoes with the back of a fork or a mug. Drizzle with olive oil and salt.
- Place in the oven and bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until the salmon is cooked through. Remove the baking sheet from the oven. Garnish the salmon and asparagus with sesame seeds. Divide onto plates and enjoy.
Blueberry Chia Parfait
1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
2 tbsps Chia Seeds
1 1/2 tsps Sugar Free Maple Syrup
1/4 cup Blueberries
1 tsp Slivered Almonds
- In a bowl, mix together the almond milk, chia seeds and maple syrup. Whisk until well combined. Let the mixture sit for 30 mins at room temperature or cover and store in the fridge overnight.
- Once it has thickened up, layer chia pudding into mason jars or containers. Add a layer of blueberries and sprinkle with silvered almonds. Repeat layers until all ingredients are used up.
- Eat right away or seal jars and store in the fridge until ready to eat. Enjoy!
Join the movement today!
Sign up to our 5 Pillars Newsletter to receive inspirational monthly emails
featuring topics from each of our 5 pillars as seen below!